To act as person in charge, to stand in for the Manager as required and observe all instructions to act upon his/her behalf, ensuring high standards of care to residents in line with company policy & Registration.
• Responsible for high standards of care by undertaking accurate assessment and planning of care, delivery and ongoing evaluation of care plans, together with appropriate hand-over, to ensure all residents’ needs are continuously met.
• Act at all times in line with NMC Code of Professional Conduct & maintain registration requirements.
• Responsible for the effective deployment and supervision of staff within the care team, ensuring all tasks are completed during the period of duty and residents receive required care.
• Undertake nursing tasks including distribution of medication, dressings, catheterisation, tube feeding and management of chronic medical conditions.
• Provide staff support, demonstration and instruction of care activities, particularly in relation to the induction and mentoring of new staff.
• Participate in taking the residents on their holidays, day outings, weekends away etc, out of the Home. This will involve helping with the planning of such holidays, leading the staff team on holiday with the residents, to ensure the safety of the residents at all times.
• To ensure that the residents needs are met whilst on holiday, particularly the safe administration of medications whilst away from the Home.
• Contribute and attend staff meetings and training sessions.
• Liase with health and social care professionals involved in the wellbeing of individual residents to maintain a holistic approach to their care.
• Advise families of residents and GP’s of any changes in condition, which gives rise to concern and keeps them informed and involved in choices for ongoing care.
• Practice safe systems of work across the range of tasks and in particular moving and handling of residents, by assessing risk and having due regard for personal safety and safety of residents, visitors and staff.
• Understand personal responsibilities in relation to the Health and Safety at Work Act and fire safety and evacuation procedures and demonstrates a working knowledge of COSHH assessments applicable in own area of work.
• Act courteously towards residents and their visitors, respecting the dignity and individuality of each resident.
• Contribute fully to team-working, responding positively to colleagues and actioning all reasonable work instructions promptly.
• Advise on the supply and quality of items used to carry our tasks, ensuring the timely and appropriate ordering of replacement goods within Home budget.
• Take reasonable care of items of equipment used to carry out tasks, including general cleanliness and advising on any faults or the need for maintenance or replacement.
• Responsible for the safe and tidy storage of supplies and equipment.
This is not intended as an exhaustive description of duties and responsibilities and may be amended following consultation with the jobholder and in accordance with any changes in legislation.
KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
• Hold a First Level qualification and current NMC Registration.
• Demonstrate a minimum 2 years experience and up to date knowledge of care supported by relevant post-basic studies/qualification.
• Sound knowledge of care planning and its practical application.
• Knowledge of Health and Safety, particularly Moving and Handling techniques, Fire Safety and COSHH.
• Knowledge and Understanding of the Health and Social Care Act 2008 and other relevant legislation.
• Display good interpersonal skills and ability to instruct and demonstrate care activities.
• Demonstrate good organisational skills.
• Display evidence of teambuilding abilities and commitment to team working.
• Demonstrate initiative and self-motivation.
• Exhibit a caring disposition towards residents and acknowledges the need for varying approaches to meet individual needs.
Casterbridge Manor is a committed equal opportunities employer. All positions are subject to Criminal Records Disclosure.
To apply fo this position, email: firstname.lastname@example.org